quattroworld.com Forums: Looked into that, here's the answer...

quattroworld

B6/B7 S4 (2004 - 2008)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to B6/B7 S4 (2004 - 2008)
Looked into that, here's the answer...
Posted by: SavantAvant (3147) on 2017-06-08 10:10:13
In Reply to: Hey, quick question: Do you know if the B6 Cabriolet front fenders match up with the B7 nose? posted by Benson on 2017-06-08 08:09:23

Share | Report
Late late b6 cabbie (like the last 9 months of production of that car---07 model year) practically is a "B6.5"...Has the B6 Bodyline front to back but has a B7 nose...I have only ever seen one in person...It is a rare bird.

Had thought about using those to do a B6.5 conversion, yes...But if you look at the cabbie, it has sideskirts (so called) that extend all the way forward basically "into the fender"...The fender sheet metal does not go all the way down to the rocker panel, like sedan or Avant fenders do. It's short by about 2.5 inches...That would have to be fabricated.. also there is a side trim indentation where it meets the door, that is unique to Cabriolet , that would have to be removed..And...The sheetmetal connection points up front on a cabbie are different.. Different enough to make it not worth it. Cabbie front bumper cover is completely unique to the cabbie.

Trust me, I looked into that. I'm sure there is some way to monkeyrig that, sure...But the route we took was far more viable.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to B6/B7 S4 (2004 - 2008)