quattroworld.com Forums: yeah the M button/sport button is no joke...

quattroworld

Tristate (NY/CT/NJ + PA)
All messages | Search Forums | Return to Tristate (NY/CT/NJ + PA)
yeah the M button/sport button is no joke...
Posted by: everso (199) on 2015-04-26 09:20:45
In Reply to: It went very well. It's essentially a debate on if to wait for the rs3 posted by dlw on 2015-04-25 18:43:40

Share | Report
really adds to the alertness feeling! honestly I only use the M button on occasion as most of the time it feels a bit too jumpy unless I'm on empty and wide open roads then I let loose a little bit! ;)

Obviously I have not driven the 'new' RS3 or even the last generation RS3 as they never came to this market....but I was a fan of the last generation that I'd see photos of and read articles about although it doesn't really seem like it is as 'pure' of a sports car as this is. I have driven the TT-RS (similar to the RS3) and really did not feel it was up to par with the 1M. The 1M feels very very special...like a classic old school no nonsense sports car in the form of a box-design coupe (the classic BMW formula) while the TT-RS had a spectacular engine (5 pot) but without any of the feel and enthusiasm of the 1M.

I'm not just saying this because I have a 1M----but I think it's very difficult to find a 'modern' car that feels as enjoyable as a 1M without moving into 911 GT3 or Cayman GTS/GT4 territory. And those cars could never be as practical as a DD as this is. The E46 M3 is probably the last car I could compare this with....

I did not buy an extended warranty although you may be able to get it certified. they were asking $3k to certify mine and I passed on it. The car has this far been bulletproof aside from a leaky fuel injector that was fixed under warranty and a High pressure fuel pump which was also replaced (that part has an extended warranty already setup by BMW). Other than that I've been doing 7500 mile oil changes...and keeping up on transmission and differential fluid changes as M cars are very sensitive to. The car feels super tight still....

One of the biggest issues to me is the lack of a spare tire and the Michelin PSS that i've been running. M cars all come with lifetime roadside assistance and i have AAA as well, but lately i've been carrying a spare wheel/tire from my seasonal setup in the trunk....some people buy space saver spare tires. The car comes with a slime-type repair kit....but the one time i had a blow out i was on a shitty part of the L.I.E with no room to try and fix it so i had to get flatbedded. From what i know though....most new european cars do not have a spare tire anymore.

I'd be happy to talk to you on the phone if you want to discuss more about it...just let me know!
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to Tristate (NY/CT/NJ + PA)