quattroworld.com Forums: New Continental Extreme Contact Sports vs the Continental DW it replaces.

quattroworld

TT Mk1
All messages | Search Forums | Return to TT Mk1
New Continental Extreme Contact Sports vs the Continental DW it replaces.
Posted by: J. Patterson (304) on 2018-01-07 22:55:10

Share | Report
I've had 3 sets of Continental DW on the TTQC. Some disliked their soft sidewall and vagueness on turn in. I always liked their lack of noise and good highway manners. Add that they are AWESOME in the rain and very tolerant of cold temps for a summer compound tire and to me at least, they are equal to or perhaps a better choice for most, than Michelin Pilot Super Sports. ( I had two sets of those on the Cayman and have a set now on the S5.) I just installed a set of the new Continental Extreme Contact Sports on the TTQR. Drove it for the first time today to charge the battery. These new tires feel just like Super Sports. Crisper, stiffer, and a bit noisier than the DWS on the coupe. Tests say they are better in dry cornering than the DW and about equal in the wet. I think I like the older tire better. I fear Continental gave up a bit of civility for a few tenths in lap time. I didn't need lap time improvement on the roadster. BUT, if you are looking for an alternative to Pilot Super Sports I think these are so close that one could not tell one from the other without reading the sidewall.
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to TT Mk1