quattroworld.com Forums: Fuel accumulator was replaced (albeit many years ago) as the original one rusted and leaked

quattroworld

5000/100/200
All messages | Search Forums | Return to 5000/100/200
Fuel accumulator was replaced (albeit many years ago) as the original one rusted and leaked
Posted by: Randolph (2523) on 2017-07-25 19:28:39
In Reply to: Yes....the shims are what adjust the fuel pressure on these. Wish I could remember the PSI range... posted by audi_marv on 2017-07-25 12:37:25

Share | Report
I checked around that area for leaks and it all looks good. Actually like close to new.

I'm thinking maybe that fuel pump check valve should be changed.

You don't recall if that's a simple item to replace do you? Can it be done in the tank? For as cheap as a new one is maybe that should be my next step. (even though I am guessing)

x AudiQuattro x linked me to some CIS test guages (on another post) that he has. I may get those so I can diagnose the car properly.

Also, the gas tank venting seems to be doing it's job as I've loosened the gas cap before starting and I don't hear any hissing from gas vapor buildup.

I've done a lot of work on this car but I've never messed with the fuel pump. I had a shop change it shortly after I bought it a long time ago. Who knows if they transferred the old ck valve to the new pump or if the new pump they used came with the check valve. This is why I do all my own work now. It would be easier to figure this out if I was the one in that tank yrs ago instead of wondering what a shop did.

R
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to 5000/100/200