quattroworld.com Forums: Interesting observation on my ECU. Anyone know this wire?

quattroworld

5000/100/200
All messages | Search Forums | Return to 5000/100/200
Interesting observation on my ECU. Anyone know this wire?
Posted by: Randolph (2523) on 2017-07-29 13:57:01
In Reply to: Removing the ECU in pass kick panel posted by Randolph on 2017-07-29 11:58:24

Share | Report
87 5KCSTQ MAC 11

I've been studying the Bentley, and SJM repeatedly and I'm still not clear on which wire this is.

If you look at the ECU connection with everything installed and plugged in (plastic bag pulled up) the first wire on the left (towards the front of the car when looking at it) in the row towards the center of the car you have a blue and red wire.

Now, the next wire to the right of the BL/R wire is where I noticed that it's been messed with. It looks like someone added a white wire here (clearly not factory) and it goes from the ecu connector to a brown and white wire (clearly factory) where it's soldered.

Depending on how you want to interpret the position of the ECU plug and the ECU when removed

This wire could be the...

-Boost guage
-ignition module ground
-California code wire (this in not a CA car)
-idle switch

Any ideas here? In all these years I've never messed with the ECU on this car. I'm thinking it's time to unplug and inspect/clean the connections and sort out this added wire that I've discovered.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

R
Thread:
post follow up

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

All messages | Search Forums | Return to 5000/100/200